The Hire Solution has partnered with a reputable and growing real estate investment firm located in downtown Austin for the position of Accounting Assistant. The accounting assistant is a 20-30 hour per week commitment, and will work closely with the various accounting groups, providing support and entry level accounting duties as shown:
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, responsibility and problem-solving mindset.
- Shadow members of the accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assist with research, filing, data entry, and recording of financial records.
- Maintain accuracy and completeness of financial records.
- Work extensively in QuickBooks system, with accurate data entry of accounting related data.
- Compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Correctly handle sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges.
- Additional tasks or projects to assist accounting and office operations as needed.
- Legal eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- College degree preferred, Associates degree with some classwork in accounting, finance or related subject.
- Some understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft software suite, especially with intermediate level MS Excel.
- QuickBooks, Sage 50 or similar bookkeeping system experience preferred.
- Ability to work for the west campus office 20-30 hours per week.