The Hire Solution has partnered with midsize nonprofit agency located in uptown Dallas for the immediate placement of a Staff Accountant with grant accounting or nonprofit accounting experience. This is a direct hire opportunity with pay potential up to $62K annual. Please apply for immediate consideration.
The Staff Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager and CFO in this tight knit accounting group. The accounting duties will be full cycle and require 2+ years’ experience in the following: Primary duties include
- Particular focus on day to day accounting operations for approximately $4.8MM in grants ranging from Federal, State, City, and private donors.
- Perform work that is related to the management / general business operations of the agency, with primary focus on administering non-profit fiscal operations, financial systems, required reporting, month end closings and budgeting and forecasting support.
- Assist Accounting Manager and CFO with all aspects of the organization’s accounting and finance activities in accordance with established non-profit accounting principles
- Development of practices and procedures including the developing and implementing sound fiscal policies, and internal controls necessary for quality assurance and the successful management of Financial Operations.
- Administer financial systems and processes, including analyzing and verifying financial records, general ledger account reconciliations, accounts payable / accounts receivable, fixed assets, inventory and purchasing, journal entries, allocations, and monthly accruals. Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of fiscal operations.
- Perform month and year-end close and financial report preparation.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in accounting.
- Legal eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Experience with ERP system such as Blackbaud, Sage Abila or other nonprofit accounting ERP system.
- Intermediate level MS Excel and financial reporting skills
- Nonprofit accounting experience with operating budget greater than $20MM and the ability to understand and to properly apply non-profit revenue recognition and net asset concepts.