The Hire Solution has partnered with a large manufacturing company based in Dallas for the position of Senior Internal Auditor. The Sr. Internal Auditor conducts internal audits for management to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations at Dallas Headquarters and plant locations across the U.S. The ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter that is not only knowledgeable in compliance audit, but has a strong background in accounting and operational auditing. This position will include frequent travel, up to 40% during peak season. A strong understanding of plant, distribution, operations, and sales locations is preferred. Experience with SAP and Oasis is a plus. The Sr. Internal Auditor will be expected to work independently and autonomously make decisions with little to no supervision.
- Performs site visit financial and operational audits for compliance with company policy at SSC/SC, RDC and Plant locations.
- Participates in RDC cycle count annual reviews.
- Performs Sarbanes-Oxley testing for primary controls at various DT locations.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly SSC control panels to assess risk and identify areas for review.
- Performs direct assist work for external auditors.
- Documents and updates various controls and processes.
- Supports and performs special projects as defined by Dal-Tile and Mohawk management.
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 40%
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, preferably with some Audit classes.
- At minimum, advancement towards a certification (CPA or CIA) a requirement. CPA or CIA certification, a plus.
- Two to five years of audit experience. Previous accounting experience, a plus. Prior public accounting experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of an organization (written and verbal).
- Work well in group situations and on individual assignments.
- Have knowledge of audit testing and risk assessment; and be able to learn new systems to extract data using MS Access, Excel and other company systems.
- Ability to review and assess processes and provide actionable feedback and alternatives.
- Ability to communicate fluently in Spanish, a plus.