The Hire Solution has partnered with a prominent San Antonio area nonprofit agency for the full time position of Staff Accountant III. The Staff Accountant III will report directly to the Controller, and will provide accounting operations, grants administration, and accounting compliance job duties for the department. The ideal candidate is a Senior Accountant, Senior Staff Accountant or Staff Accountant, preferably with at least five years of nonprofit accounting experience. Job duties will include:
• Reconciles the bank accounts.
• Draw funds from Cash Draw for paying the contractors bills.
• Review coding and process invoices from contractor on client expense from ERP system.
• Develop automated process for cost allocation of WSA's expenditures.
• Develops systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies
• Creates forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel.
• Closeout of individual grants in a timely manner ensuring that after the grant is closed there
is no other posting to closed grants.
• Fully manage multiple funding streams to include posting journal entries.
• Works with the accounting manager on appropriate fiscal strategies for the organization.
Prepare audit schedules such as the Schedule of Expenditures.
• Reviews expenditures to ensure budget limits are not exceeded; functions as a consultant on
budget matters to agency administrative, supervisory, and technical personnel, when requested
• Prepares monthly operating statements, financial statements analyses, and reports.
• Analyzes t cumulative monthly expenditure runs and status of funds reports on state
and federal funds and conducts the continuous reviews and analyses necessary in
controlling the expenditure of funds and developing stable expenditure patterns.
• Maintains systems and controls necessary to provide accurate accounts of expenditures
and budget balances for agency programs.
• Reviews various records, reports, applications, and contracts.
• Develops processes to streamline the Accounts Payable function.
• Accepts assignment of special projects and completes each in a manner acceptable to the
requestor. Works closely and harmoniously with other department personnel and outside
• May Provide staff training and cross-training to new and existing staff as necessary for
efficient department operation.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or business administration.
Minimum of 7 years of accounting experience required, in a governmental or nonprofit setting preferred.
Prefer knowledge of 0MB Super Circular
CPA or progress toward CPA strongly preferred.
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States