The Hire Solution has partnered with the Dallas based HomeGoods distribution company for the position of shipping clerk. This is an immediate contract to hire position that requires a candidate with previous shipping and receiving experience, preferably from a large warehouse operation such as UPS, FedEx, Amazon, or similar. Duties will include the following:
- Full time (40 hours); 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday – Friday.
- Plan LTL shipments based on business need.
- Calculate freight costs.
- Generate shipping labels, bills of lading (BOL’s), packing slips, and any other shipping-related documentation.
- Schedule pickup appointments with carriers
- Coordinate/facilitate customer pickups
- Quickly complete time sensitive tasks for guaranteed and expedited shipping situations.
- Provide information to customer service about the status of orders.
- Ensure the timely shipping of orders.
- Ensuring the accuracy of all shipping documents and maintaining records relative to shipping activity.
- Maintain healthy lines of communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Timely reporting of daily shipping activities
- You must be 18 years old.
- Ability to frequently lift, push, and slide packages that typically weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Bilingual Speaking (English/Spanish)
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependable - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Consistently maintains a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to navigate software with good data entry and typing skills.
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Ability to pass background check.
- UPS, Fed Ex, Amazon or similar shipping experience.