The Hire Solution has partnered with a US headquarter company located in Irving for the position of SEC Analyst. This is a fulltime, direct hire opportunity and the SEC Analyst will support the Corporate Accounting Department in various tasks related to the filing of quarterly and annual reports with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Additional duties to include:
- Assist in processing of new leases, modified leases and terminated leases in accordance with lease accounting standard FASB ASC 842 (will require communication and interaction with operational teams
- Assist in the gathering of information and preparing analysis and supporting documents required for SEC filings.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings under the supervision of the Director, SEC Reporting.
- Assist in the review of XBRL filings.
- Assist in the gathering of information and preparing analysis and supporting document for annual report and proxy statement preparation.
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules including roll forwards, analysis, and reconciliations for quarterly review and annual audit.
- Assist in processing transactions and compliance reporting related to stock-based compensation
- Assist in the monthly close, including lease accounting, equity-based compensation, equity transactions, accounting for noncontrolling interests, capitalized software obligations and other long-term liabilities.
- Special projects as assigned and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline
- CPA preferred, CPA eligible will be considered
- 1-2 years of experience in Public Accounting
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC rules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, organized, and able to handle multiple tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel