The Hire Solution has partnered with an industry leading commercial construction company headquartered in Dallas for the position of Financial Accountants. The ideal candidate will have 1+ years' experience in a Big 4, or Regional accounting firm, and will have his/her CPA license already established, or in process. This is an outstanding position and company to start your career outside of public accounting. This family friendly company offers generous starting time off, a generous benefits plan, a great work environment, and industry respect. Duties include:
- Assist and perform complex accounting tasks which include new joint venture accounting techniques, and completion of goodwill impairment analysis
- Compile and assist in putting together project proposals by helping Big 4 audit firm with their requests for reports and proposal requirements
- Assist and facilitate the execution of external audit by collecting, reviewing and distributing requested documents to our Big 4 audit firm, while limiting unnecessary disruptions to the business
- Participate and perform both US GAAP and IFRS translations by performing analysis in the different areas in our accounting records that vary between standards
- Help create of US GAAP financial statements and footnotes for multiple legal entities, including the accounting for complex technical accounting issues and resulting schedules
- Perform technical accounting research under both IFRS and US GAAP
- Help in implementation of new accounting standards as needed
- Prepare internal financial reporting and analysis for both our parent company and our divisions by assisting the financial reporting team with key reports
- Identify best practices, opportunities for business improvements as well as cost savings opportunities
- Conduct financial and operational audits based special projects
- Build effective relationships with all teams throughout the company and support the company’s core values
- Continually seek feedback and help improve services / tools / department deliverables to internal customers
- Legally able to work in the US without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required
- Current CPA license, or eligible CPA candidacy who is actively pursuing certification
- 1+ years’ of Big 4 public accounting audit experience is highly desired; 1+ years’ experience at Regional Public Accounting firm also desired alternatively.
- Experience in a Big 4 audit or advisory divisions highly desired, tax division experience also desired
- Working knowledge of both IFRS and/or US GAAP highly desired
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate work assignment flexibility
- Self-motivated and confident personality that can interact with all levels of leadership and employees, including senior management.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools using Microsoft products, especially Outlook and Excel.