The Hire Solution has partnered with a prominent San Antonio area nonprofit agency for the full time position of Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Controller, and will provide accounting operations, grants administration, and accounting compliance job duties for the department. The ideal candidate is a Senior Accountant, Senior Staff Accountant or Staff Accountant, preferably with at least five years of nonprofit accounting experience. Job duties will include:
• Prepares financial statements with schedules and exhibits.
• Prepares complex technical reports such as those dealing with estimates, expenditure data
and budget items.
• Prepares TWC monthly reports, related worksheets, and cost allocations.
Prepares status analyses of funds and expenditures, including WSA Board reports.
Prepares various reports, such as those dealing with federal grants, regulations, and statistics, as
• Maintains adequate records of expenditures, funds, appropriations, and expenses, as well as
revenue collected and deposited.
• Prepares TWC cash draw downs.
• Assists in planning procedures and regulations to control the disbursement of allocated
funds, preparing letters of instruction, manual revisions, and related forms as necessary.
• Prepares budgets for submission to TWC and Department of Labor.
• Maintains accounting records on expenditures and revenue collected, the preparation of
• Preparation of 1099 Forms
• Maintains fixed asset records and is responsible for related audit schedules.
• Performs fixed asset reconciliation.
• Monitors and reviews bank statements and prepares bank reconciliations.
Contractor, Special Grant, and Accounts Payable Support
• Reviews and aids in the planning of contractor and special grant budgets.
• Processes contractor and special grant expenditures and reimbursements.
• Processes vendor and overhead invoices.
• Reviews and monitors contractor monthly cost summaries, budget amendments, and closeout
• Prepares invoices due to WSA for facility use by contractors and other agencies.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or business administration.
Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience required, in a governmental or nonprofit setting preferred.
Prefer knowledge of 0MB Super Circular
CPA or progress toward CPA strongly preferred.
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States