Seeking an Assistant Controller for a national fitness center chain with HQ office in Southwest Austin. The Assistant Controller will work under the guidance of and will assist the Corporate Controller in preparing and reporting financial statements conforming to principles of accounting and regulatory requirements. The main role is to ensure that the prepared financial statements are in accordance with the management’s instructions. This is a multi-location organization, so experience with consolidations and Point of Sale operations is highly desired.
- Assisting the controller in the direction of the accounting functions of an organization.
- Assisting him in ensuring timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements.
- Preparation of budgets and financial reports and overseeing their evaluation.
- Presenting the various accounting reports to the top management and making suitable observations and recommendations.
- Monitoring investment policies and operations of the company.
- Managing operational data and maintaining data accuracy and integrity.
- Preventing inaccuracies in financial statements by setting up internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting.
- Reviewing financial data periodically to ensure fairness and completeness of the data.
- Developing system controls for ensuring data integrity.
- Developing proper operational, data documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Liaisoning with accounting software, system vendors, consultants and sale points.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in math, accounting and financial processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Solid understanding of GAAP and applicable regulations
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field (master’s preferred)
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred