The Hire Solution has partnered with a national, growing company to hire a Staff Accountant for the corporate headquarters located in the Irving Las Colinas area. The ideal candidate will be have a degree in Accounting or related field, and 1-2 years in an accounting capacity such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, or Corporate Accounting. Candidates working in Public Accounting with 1+ years' experience are highly encouraged to apply as well. Key responsibilities include the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas. It is essential that this candidate brings analytical and organizational skills in order to best support the accounting team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly accounting journal entries using our ERP system
- Preparation and analysis of various balance sheet reconciliations monthly
- Prepare and compile accruals, allocations, etc.
- Prepare the recording of payroll for the field offices
- Review of corporate AP (i.e., accounts payable) function
- Sales tax review related to capex and corporate invoice imitative
- Review and or analyze general ledger accounts and monthly trends
- Prepare quarterly or annual schedules for the external auditors
- Assist with Monthly Financial Reporting Package for management review
- Key player with integrating newly acquired entities, which will be ongoing
- Prepared and review various bank reconciliations for disbursement/operating accounts
- Undertake various projects as needed – directed by the Functional Controller or Controller
- Work closely with the department heads to understand and ensure accuracy of all financial reporting activity
- Assist in preparation and distribution of financial statements
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, or Finance
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- 1-2 years in an accounting capacity such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, or Corporate Accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel