The Hire Solution has partnered with a prominent San Antonio area nonprofit agency for the full time position of Controller. The controller will report directly to the CFO, and will provide leadership and direction for the agencies accounting operations, grants administration, and accounting compliance. The ideal candidate is a Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager, or Assistant Controller, preferably with at least five years of nonprofit accounting experience. Job duties will include:
• Prepares the cost allocation plan for the organization.
• Responsible for the Cash Management of the organization.
• Point of contact on all Contracts from Texas Commission and sub recipients’ budget and reporting.
• Responsible for closing grants and contracts with sub recipients.
• Responsible for the annual audit and oversees staff role in the audit and provides training for staff to prepare the necessary schedules.
• Working knowledge of reconciling all balance sheet accounts and closed funds monthly.
• Reviews expenditures to ensure budget limits are not exceeded; functions as a consultant on budget matters to agency administrative, supervisory, and technical personnel, when requested.
• Responsible for the monthly closing process from reports, reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts and monthly report to various entities and board reports. • Works closely and harmoniously with other department personnel and outside agencies.
• Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of the Accounting Manager and the Senior accounting and makes recommendations in job duties of the Fiscal staff.
• Makes appropriate staff assignments and assures deadlines and quality outcomes are met.
• Provides experiences to promote opportunities for career progression within the department.
Knowledge of the agency’s Fiscal program, budget controls methods, policies and procedures, and
federal, state, and local laws and regulation pertain to financial operations of the agency.
• Knowledge of GAAP required.
• Knowledge and experience with government and non-profit accounting required.
• Demonstrable ability to supervise staff, plan and coordinate financial programs, complex
accounting operations, to interpret laws and regulations, and apply advanced accounting theory.
• Advance knowledge in Office products, Excel, and Access database.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills in writing, editing, speaking, and listening.
• Ability to multi-task, to work under pressure, and to meet challenging deadlines is required.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or business administration.
Minimum of 7 years of accounting experience required, in a governmental or nonprofit setting preferred.
Must have knowledge of 0MB Super Circular
CPA or progress toward CPA strongly preferred.
Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience of supervising multiple employees required.
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States