The Hire Solution has partnered with prominent nonprofit agency located in downtown Dallas for the immediate placement of a Senior Staff Accountant with grant accounting or nonprofit accounting experience. This is a contract to hire opportunity with great pay potential. Please apply for immediate consideration.
The Staff Accountant will work closely with the Controller and Director of Accounting in this tight knit accounting group. The accounting duties will be full cycle and require 2+ years’ experience in the following: Primary duties include
· Particular focus on day to day accounting operations for approximately $25MM in grants ranging from Federal, State, City, and private donors.
· Perform work that is related to the management / general business operations of the agency, with primary focus on administering non-profit fiscal operations, financial systems, required reporting, month end closings and budgeting and forecasting support.
· Assist the Controller with all aspects of the organization’s accounting and finance activities in accordance with established non-profit accounting principles
· Development of practices and procedures including the developing and implementing sound fiscal policies, and internal controls necessary for quality assurance and the successful management of Financial Operations.
· Administer financial systems and processes, including analyzing and verifying financial records, general ledger account reconciliations, accounts payable / accounts receivable, fixed assets, inventory and purchasing, journal entries, allocations, and monthly accruals. Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of fiscal operations.
· Perform month and year-end close and financial report preparation.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
· 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in accounting.
· Legal eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
· Experience with ERP system such as Sage Intacct, Blackbaud, Sage Abila or other nonprofit accounting ERP system.
· Experience using SalesForce highly desired.
· Intermediate level MS Excel and financial reporting skills
· Nonprofit accounting experience with operating budget greater than $30MM and the ability to understand and to properly apply non-profit revenue recognition and net asset concepts.