Accounts Payable Specialist
Seeking Accounts Payable Specialist for a prominent non profit agency in Dallas. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a fast paced, hands on Accounts Payable role under the supervision of the CFO, and this will be a challenging and enjoyable job for anyone who enjoys a fast paced work environment and varied work responsibilities that include Accounts Payable and various special projects. Please apply if you feel you are qualified to:
- Accurately enter all cash receipts from the prior day into Sage ERP system, and update the appropriate log or register in accordance to deadlines.
- Deposit all checks from company lock box daily and distribute to the appropriate administrator for entry into Sage ERP system.
- Process accounts payable payment groups by daily deadline, approximate volume 150 weekly.
- Print checks, create ACH files, and post payment transactions.
- Review all payment exception requests and supporting documents ensuring that appropriate authorization is included.
- Process garnishment payments by the end of the day.
- Accurately process all special payment instructions paying strict attention to all details ensuring that the payment arrives at the requested destination in a timely manner.
- Accurately prepare all payments to be distributed via mail no later than one business day after the payment was printed.
- Respond to all Check Status inquiries within 2 business days.
- Review all requests for vendor set up ensuring compliance with Federal regulations and Company policies/procedures.
- Accurately complete vendor set up in ERP system.
- Accurately enter invoices into ERP system within 3 business days of receipt.
- Review purchase orders, purchase order amendments, and associated documentation ensuring compliance with company procedures including authorization level within 2 business days of receipt.
- Accurately complete project set up within 2 business days of receipt. Verify that appropriate supporting documentation and approval is received.
- Enter all electronic fund transfers into ERP System within 2 business days ensuring all transfers are entered prior to the month end close deadline.
- Legally eligible to work in U.S. without sponsorship.
- Ability to prioritize and organize time for maximum productivity.
- ERP experience to include Sage, PeopleSoft, Dynamics, JD Edwards, or similar.
- Is engaged and ready to participate and enhance a positive work culture, enjoys challenging and meaningful work and enjoys working hard
- Enjoys a fast paced environment with varied duties including Accounts Payable and various special projects.