Property Accountant - Staff Accountant
A growing Property Management Company located in central Dallas is seeking a Property Accountant at the Staff Accountant level. This is a growing, tight knit company, with 20+ years in business locally in DFW. The property accountant Would run a full desk of duties, which include end to end accounting reconciliations. Duties as follows:
- Financial statement preparation including preparing and posting appropriated journal entries, analysis of the balance sheet and income statement accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for up to 14 entities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are strictly adhered to.
- Full Cycle Accounting for AP, AR, GL, and forecasting.
- Post and prepare journal entries as required for month-end close procedures.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) to ensure accurate presentation within financial statements.
- Responsible for cash management for assigned portfolio including various funding requests.
- Prepare and send monthly joint venture financial packages due to managers.
- Assist auditors in performing year-end audits of financial statements.
- Prepare pro-ration workbooks for property sales.
- Upload/post and reconcile monthly activity in partners’ software.
- Assist senior accountant in responding to partner questions.
- Assist with training on-site staff
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or closely related field, required
- Minimum 5 years of Business Management Accounting experience, preferred
- Understanding of accounting principles and ability to read financial statements, preferred
- Familiar with general ledgers, chart of accounts and brokerage statements, preferred
- Experience with mid-market accounting software, not for-profit accounting and or real estate. Property Management (Yardi, Great Plains, Sage, MRI, CCC, or VMS Preferred
- Multi-family real estate industry experience with an emphasis in construction is preferred.
- Experience in a wide variety of accounting software systems, preferably Yardi.
- Multi-company/property experience.