The Hire Solution has partnered with prominent nonprofit agency located in downtown Dallas for the immediate placement of a Director of Accounting. This is a direct hire opportunity with pay potential up to $100,000 annual. This well known, well respected nonprofit agency offers great benefits and great work life balance. Please apply for immediate consideration.
The Director of Accounting is responsible for maintaining internal control safeguards, managing all account activities, general ledgers, and reporting, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP and GASB standards. The Director of Accounting is a key participant in supervising or performing the day-to-day operations of the grants administration, general ledger close process, accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue and expense management. Other duties include:
· Prepare and publish timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures (GAAP) for non-profit organizations.
· Ensure ledgers and reporting systems comply with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
· Oversee and maintain staff levels, accounting records which include charting of accounts, accounts setup, allocation and distribution setup, vendor setup, journal entries made by staff, payments of allocations, designations and distributions, payment of vendors, bank reconciliations, and solution of technical problems.
· Responsible for aspects of general ledger processing which includes full cycle management of accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue, and general ledger.
· Ensure internal controls are in place to protect the organization’s assets.
· Coordinate all audit activities and IRS Form 990s, including preparing account reconciliations and pulling source documents for auditor review.
· Accounting and tax research as needed
· Compliance with governmental regulations
· Policies & procedures revisions/updates
· Track, report and reconcile sponsorship and grant revenues and related expenditures to ensure that all are accurately recorded in the general ledger and donor database and are spent in compliance with donor intent.
· Assist with training and development to fulfill the objectives and responsibilities of the department in an effective and efficient manner, consistent with organizational strategic plan.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
· CPA License active or in pursuit strongly encouraged
· 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in nonprofit or governmental accounting.
· Legal eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
· Experience with ERP system such as Sage Intacct, Blackbaud, Sage Abila or other nonprofit accounting ERP system.
· Experience using SalesForce highly desired.
· Intermediate level MS Excel and financial reporting skills
· Nonprofit accounting experience with operating budget greater than $30MM and the ability to understand and to properly apply non-profit revenue recognition and net asset concepts.