The Hire Solution has partnered with a leading Austin construction / service client located in Round Rock for the immediate opportunity of Inventory and Accounts Payable Accountant. The ideal candidate will have a love of the accounts payable function, and we welcome both experienced accounts payable candidates as well as recent college graduates to apply.
- Verify supporting documentation for daily invoice processing, to include reviewing invoices for accuracy, appropriate approval, and general ledger/cost coding.
- Process material sheets and truck or warehouse transfers for inventory
- Process inventory invoices
- Request Proof of Delivery (PODs) from vendors for items received
- Assist with Purchase Order maintenance
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintain historical records
- Pay vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit respond to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Prepare analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Continue to improve the payment process
- Post invoices and credits, while reviewing and maintaining accounts.
- Process lien waivers for Accounts Payable
- Help manage vendor requests
- Investigate and reconcile vendor statements, resolving outstanding aging invoices in a timely manner.
- Answer inquiries from employees and outside vendors regarding accounts payable and related matters. Work with AIA billing
Qualifications and Skills:
- Legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- 1 year of Inventory and Accounts Payable experience in Construction or Service with job costing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar discipline highly desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; especially, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a good understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to solve issues based on solid data analysis and well-developed critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks, maintain an organized work area, and meet required deadlines.
- Experience with Sage 100, Sage Timberline, Mas90 or Mas200 Accounting Software.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test.