Fixed Asset Accountant
This position will be responsible for performing various fixed asset accounting responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review Authorization Request (AR) to validate that the project meets the requirements to be treated as a capital expenditure.
- Monitor and review Construction in Process (CIP) and work closely with field personnel to ensure timely in service dates with proper useful lives and asset classifications.
- Collaborate with field personnel to ensure the accuracy of charges and timeliness of closure and fixed asset unitization.
- Maintain fixed asset records including additions, retirements, transfers and depreciation for multiple companies with multiple ledgers covering GAAP, Regulatory and Tax.
- Perform roll forward, variance analysis, reporting and other close out tasks.
- Perform ongoing reporting and analysis, including monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting of capital expenditures.
- Support quarterly financial and SOX audits.
- For regulatory companies, support regulatory reporting, rate case and audit inquiries.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management which might include special projects.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and completeness.
- Motivated and dependable self-started.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer relations & interpersonal skills.
- Solid time management skills, ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and function independently in a fast paced environment.
- Microsoft Excel and Word; prior experience with fixed asset systems required.
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 2-5 years of relevant job related experience
- The Senior Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- Experience in Fixed asset accounting.
- SAP experience.