The Hire Solution has partnered with a leading Fort Worth Austin Real Estate and Property Management company for the role of Senior Property Accountant. The ideal candidate will be degreed in accounting, finance or related discipline, and will have 5+ years’ experience in a Staff Accountant or Senior Accountant role consisting of both property accounting and corporate entity level accounting. Proficiency in Yardi, MRI, Syteline, AppFolio or similar real estate ERP highly desired.
- Participate in monthly accounting activities including being a key player in month and yearly close process.
- Assist Controller with General Ledger maintenance and accounting software supported sub-modules, data entry and monthly report creation, reconciliation of financial statements, preparation of monthly graphs and charts, reconciliation of accounts.
- Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Assist Controller with month-end closing process, preparation of bank reconciliation, composing financial statements, developing new financial supplements, answering questions as they arise from remote locations, complete special assignments and projects.
- Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Reconcile bank statements and provide cashflow analysis
- Consolidate and analyze financial statements and results
- Monitor expenditures and contract renewals
- Complete special projects assigned by Controller.
- Calculate and post monthly recurring entries and accruals
- Maintain all Balance Sheet accounts to ensure accuracy
- Assist with providing information for audits and CPA’s for Tax Returns
- In-depth experience with intercompany transactions and segmented reporting
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Receiving and posting of Corporate funds to the proper cash accounts and General Ledgers
- Accounts Payable coding and aging
- Prepare periodical and special reports
- Knowledge of data analysis and budget forecasting methods
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Proficiency in Yardi, MRI, Syteline, AppFolio or similar real estate ERP highly desired
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience in property accounting and corporate accounting at a Staff or Senior level
- Keen eye for detail
- Proficiency using MS Excel including Vlookups and Pivot Tables