The Hire Solution has partnered with a local Dallas area charter school for the fulltime position of Finance & Operations Manager. The ideal Finance & Operations Manager candidate will have experience proactively analyzing financial and business aspects of a non profit organization, preferably within an education based setting.
· Serve in collaboration with supervisor to actively work in finance, accounting, federal child nutrition program, and government grants.
· Analyze project expenditure reports to ensure compliance with grant requirements and accuracy of expense coding;
· Prepare, analyze, and forecast targeted financial data and compliance.
· Responsible for annual budget preparation for organization as well as grant budgets for various local, state and federal funding agencies. Reviews monthly budget and accounting reports.
· Engage in identifying efficient and effective practices;
· Responsible for assisting with annual financial audit;
· Oversee organizational insurance policies including property and accident;
· Responsible for review and tracking of contracts;
· Prepare investment analysis for endowment accounts;
· Participate in preparation of financial models of proposed program offerings.
· Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
· Participate in regular training as required by grantors or for professional development
· Legally eligible to work in the U.S without sponsorship
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance or related discipline
· Grant management with Head Start program highly desired
· Knowledge of governmental / non-profit operations
· Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
· Familiarity with Charter School and non-profit accounting practices a huge plus
· Experience with Early Head Start funding and reporting requirements a huge plus.