The Hire Solution has partnered with a Dallas based transportation company for the role of Senior Accountant over Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. We are seeking a self-starter, with great people skills, a strong understanding of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions, and a great winning attitude. Primary duties are to manage the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions in a highly visible, fast paced role.
- Manage all daily functions associated with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable at the direction of the Accounting Supervisor.
- Maintain current and accurate Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activity for the company, and work with the various department and business leaders to ensure seamless operations.
- Manage day-to-day processes within the department and assist staff members in providing best in class service to both internal and external clients and vendors.
- Collaborate efforts toward resolving outstanding issues in a timely and accurate manner
- Serve as mentor to junior employees and provide knowledge transfer related to all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activities.
- Perform at required productivity metrics, monthly reporting, and internal controls related to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Assist in motivating more junior employees to learn and do their jobs well.
- Ad hoc analysis as required
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related discipline.
- 5-7 years progressive experience in Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable for a midsize - large company.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to motivate and train staff in department
- ERP experience such as SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable working with all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Prior Lead experience in an Accounts Payable and/ or an Accounts Receivable environment