Network & Security Engineer (Palo Alto)
Home based 3 days / 2 office in Staines
Up to £40k
Start role ASAP
Our client is looking for a Network & Security Engineer to be responsible for providing reactive technical support and delivery of new network and security functionality, to both their external customers and internal teams.
The ‘Network & Security Engineer is able to:
- Troubleshoot and resolve Incidents & Problem tickets, applying their technical knowledge and skills, using monitoring and diagnostics tool
Technical experience must include: Proficient with carrying out PAN-OS Firewall upgrades on HA pair
Technical experience must include: Proficient with Layer 2/3 communications and protocols as supported by a PAN-OS firewall.
- Troubleshooting methodologies, vendor documentation and where appropriate raising Vendor support cases and escalating to the Managed Services Network Security
- Team Manager.
- Assess Service Requests, researching technical solutions and raising Change Requests
- Assist with the installation of new network and security systems as part of Managed Service Network and Security Team’s service to internal and external customers.
- Use day to day IT Applications as an expert ( MS Office, SaaS Apps .. ) having conceptual knowledge of the infrastructure elements and technical communications required to deliver them ( MS Windows Client & Servers, Authentication, Certificates, VPNs, Cloud providers, IP applications.. )
- Study for and achieve Vendor Technical Certifications
Administration and support of Palo Alto Networks Firewalls operations:
- Device Management - OS & security updates, Licensing, Certificates, logging & SNMP, High Availability
- Network Management - Interfaces & Aggregation, Routing, IPSec VPN, DHCP, Global Protect
- Policy Management - Security ( Application based ), NAT, PBF Desirable: Palo Alto Networks Panorama Authentication Technologies: SAML, RADIUS, LDAP Cisco and Dell Layer 2 Switching WLAN technologies – Cisco Meraki Network Management tools such as PRTG, SolarWinds MSP ( N-central) ITIL Service Tools such as ServiceNow
- Good communications
- Strong customer/user focus
- Commitment to ensuring tickets of all types are being driven to a successful outcome within the agreed service levels.