Director of Sales- Solar
Utility & Wholesale Markets
San Antonio, TX
ISC’s team of Executive Recruiters have been retained by a prominent and growing manufacturer of Solar Energy solutions in the San Antonio area. The company has been specializing in the design, engineering, manufacturing and assembly of solar panels for residential use since 2012 and is now engaging in the Utility and Wholesale markets.
Our client is seeking a sharp and experienced Director of Sales to spearhead Business Development for their Solar Utility and Wholesale Markets. This Director of Sales role requires an innovative sales professional with a proven track record of managing the full sales cycle from conception to close. This entails engaging with international executive decision-makers to build out and cultivate strategic relationships with utility-scale clients, as an autonomous leader over the company’s emerging sector.
This is a fantastic position for a highly strategic and driven individual, who has a documented track record of new business development within the EPC solar energy space. This role is that of a hunter, focusing on generating new working relationships and driving success in the Utilities and Wholesale solar spaces through a keen understanding of industry policy, sourcing electronic components and familiarity with the industry players.
Director of Sales- Solar: Requirements, To qualify, you should have the following:
- Ability to work 100% on-site in San Antonio, TX with relocation expenses and international Visa Sponsorship provided (when necessary)
- 4+ years’ experience in the renewable energy space, including current contacts in the solar panel industry
- A keen understanding of PV technology
- Bachelor’s degree in management, administration, engineering, supply chain or related field
- Experience curating and managing successful business development strategies and closing complex negotiations with multiple stakeholders
- Full sales cycle experience from conception to close, including ongoing relationship management
- Strong communication, listening and presentations skills a must, identifying client needs and finding solutions
- Highly driven and competitive individual who can successfully generate closed contracts and generate Purchase Orders
- Flexibility for up to 50% travel
Director of Sales- Solar: Responsibilities, The duties for the role are as follows:
- Curate and execute engagement strategies to build strategic partnerships resulting in the successful negotiation of complex utility-scale solar contracts
- Reach out to potential clients, pinpoint and cultivate relationships with decisionmakers
- Manage complex sales cycles, curate forecasts, and maintain SalesForce CRM
- Effectively utilize available financial, technical, operational, legal and logistical internal resources to support and execute deals
- Collaborate with Finance Team regarding ongoing financial reporting and accounts receivable
- Successfully evaluate potential clients’ technical and commercial needs, continually strategizing on setting yourself apart from the competition in the RFP process
- Director of Sales- Solar: Rewards, If you qualify for this opportunity the company offers:
- High visibility, reporting directly into C-Suite
- Robust compensation package, competitive base salary, generous commission package and bonus incentive opportunities plus benefits
- Paid relocation for candidates outside of the San Antonio, TX area
- Work Visa support/international employee sponsorship provided when necessary
- Collaborative and diverse international team, with a highly collaborative culture
- Our client is backed by one of the longest running family of companies in the business, providing financial stability, job security and the right tools/resources to successfully engage in the utility-scale solar panel market
How to Apply:
Please contact Jaami Clement directly at email@example.com, 888.866.6625.
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential unless you ask us to use your name. We’re looking for sharp, experienced and highly motivated Director-level sales professionals with experience driving new business within a renewable energy industry– whose name comes to mind? Let Jaami Clement know at firstname.lastname@example.org.