Senior Cost Accountant
Eau Claire, WI
ISC’s team of Financial Recruiters is partnering with a prominent manufacturer on professional career accounting roles near the Eau Claire, WI metro area. Our client is experiencing consistent growth and continues to be a leader as a customized configuration company. They are seeking an experienced Senior Cost Accountant and a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to join their team where every employee is valued, has a voice, and makes a noticeable impact.
The Senior Cost Accountant role is an exceptional career opportunity for someone to bring their analytical skills to efficiently audit and recommend cost-efficient procedures. This person will professionally collaborate with counterparts and develop accurate reporting by applying the GAAP standards and adhering to deadlines.
Senior Cost Accountant Requirements - To qualify, you should have the following:
- A minimum associate degree in accounting or related field, bachelor's degree – preferred.
- 5+ years of experience or a combination of education/experience.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, cost systems, and use tax experience.
- Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic attention to details, capable of analyzing data and providing sound recommendations.
- Great technology skills - ERP experience is a plus.
- Able to excel collaborating within a team or independently as required.
Senior Cost Accountant Rewards - If you qualify for this opportunity, the Firm offers the following:
- Rewarding culture within a family-oriented firm that places value on building long-term relationships.
- High visibility with opportunities to expand the role with continued professional development.
- A well-established and stable company with excellent growth potential, focusing on promoting from within.
- $75,000.00 – $93,000.00 competitive compensation + excellent benefits package.
Senior Cost Accountant Responsibilities - The duties for the role are as follows:
- Examine manufacturing expenses and compare standard costs to actual production costs in routine reports.
- Complete the month's end cost and inventory accounting closure, which includes publishing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Follow GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) when preparing financial statements.
- Exceptional analytical skills to create new tools to boost operational performance and to help with audits and GL preparations.
- Account reconciliation and journal entries.
- Organize and complete internal cost audits, including Bills of Materials, for updated and accurate standards.
- Complete the month-end cost and inventory accounting closure.
- Analyze data to develop cost savings and create and maintain the organization's cost accounting system, documentation, and records.