Director, Brand Management
The Director, Brand Management will be responsible for developing the Consumer and Health Care Professional marketing strategy for existing and new product variants within the assigned portfolio. The scope of the role requires a broad and deep knowledge of all the basic marketing disciplines including but not limited to; marketing strategy, (pricing/promotion/product placement), agency management, creative leadership, cross-functional team leadership, trade marketing, media engagement, digital marketing, public relations, influencer marketing, and innovation/new product development.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for managing Brand P&L with the following responsibilities:
- Oversee and develop portfolio marketing strategy, ensuring alignment to the broader organization objectives.
- Develop long term strategy (2+ years) for brand portfolio and provide team with a clear vision for execution.
- Grow brands in an eCommerce channel including launching innovation for the channel, achieving first page position, and setting media strategy in partnership with a media leader or customer expert.
- Develop omnichannel strategic plan identifying where to play and how to win. Design appropriate product assortments per channel with compelling key feature/benefit claims and partner with Digital marketing and ecommerce team to build winning assortments, SEO strategies, best in class PDPs, etc.
- Demonstrate success leveraging analytics to identify business growth opportunities and translating this into revenue or market share improvement.
- Drive impactful omnichannel brand communication understanding the master brand personality, key messaging vehicles (on-line, traditional, HCP) and brand image guidelines.
- Develop effective omnichannel promotional strategies including off-shelf events, digital promotions, key merchandising requirements, consumer price incentives and impactful packaging graphics/messaging.
- Offer direction on the development of programs, positioning, and consumer research to measure the effectiveness of campaigns, brand health, and brand sentiment.
- Lead the development, approval, and execution of content (advertising, promotions) and connections (media plan) for the assigned portfolio.
- Manage relationships with key agency stakeholders, leading agency management, briefings, execution, and evaluation.
- Effectively manage brand portfolio budgets to optimize marketing spend.
- Lead, coach and develop a team that provides meaningful and actionable insights and solutions that are data driven and support the brand's strategy.
- Identify high potential talent and invest in the development of those individuals to grow the pipeline for future leaders of the department
Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyses market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Business Acumen: Prior P&L management experience including complexity reduction, launching innovation to drive revenue, and managing for margin growth. Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Multi-channel Digital Marketing: Demonstrated experience with strategic planning/ cross functional execution of multichannel and omnichannel digital marketing/CRM programs, including: ecommerce websites, email, emerging media tactics, mobile (apps/sites/media/SMS), SEO/SEM, social media/social influencers, HCP DOLs/KOLs.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision, making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures. Familiar with performance marketing. Able to utilize the data to check for progress against goal delivery
Managing People: Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
What you'll need:
Experience / Training / Education
- BS/BA degree in marketing or related field required (MBA a plus).
- 7+ years of brand marketing or brand building experience with consumers and health care professional preferably related to the Consumer Health Categories.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Skilled in developing and activating digital brand experiential platforms and sponsorships, with proven capability to convert them into consumer engagement and brand sales.
- Experience in managing full mix for a dynamic lifestyle brand, with strong understanding of digital consumer engagement.
- A strong track record of developing and implementing innovative marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned goals.
- Experience with managing budgets, working with agencies, and market research.
- Up to date on marketing trends, new media platforms and benchmarking with other industries
- Understanding consumer insights and aligning all strategies to feed these needs.
- Ability to lead and manage projects with cross-functional teams across the company and distributor network.