The Central Territory includes the following states: IL, KS, ND, SD, NE, MO, MN, WY, IA, MT.
The XXXX Federal Sales Specialist - Neurology (EFSS) will be responsible for meeting sales goals through promoting therapeutic products within an assigned territory in a compliant and appropriate manner. The EFSS Sales Specialist - Neurology represents and promotes assigned brand(s) in the infusion market with approved indications, helping targeted customers, such as neurologists, and nurses, etc. learn about the efficacy and safety of XXX product(s) consistent with FDA approved label. Key job activities include territory and market analysis, strategic business planning, self-driven execution of plans, meeting with key stakeholders, adapting quickly to internal/external changes in business and proactively driving local solutions.
• Educate on utilization of promoted therapeutic products for specific indications; deliver clinical, efficacy, and safety messaging to target physicians in a compliant way and provide information about product access / safe administration to appropriate Health Care Providers. Achieve sales goals as outlined in business plan; collaborate with Federal Markets Executives within federal customer targets in accordance with account plans.
• Develop and implement territory business plan, aligned with overall business plan, and regularly review with management to ensure appropriate strategic, tactical components and call prioritization to meet sales goals. Monitor operating costs and compliance with territory budget.
• Identify key practice decision-makers. Influence prescribers and decision-makers through understanding of issues and opportunities in territory to generate sales growth. Conduct sales presentations and promotional education/informational programs to targeted appropriate personnel.
• Drive company leased vehicle to company meetings with health care providers and other appropriate stakeholders and partners. When necessary, travel overnight including within territory and to conferences, training, and sales meetings.
• Comply with all XXX policies and applicable law.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical, biotech experience, sales or account management experience required.
• Previous federal sales experience required
• Previous VISN (Veterans Integrated Service Networks) and MTF experience preferred
• Experience in hospital and large account sales, documented history of successful sales performance in a competitive environment preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid presentation skills and ability to influence others
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong business relationships
• Candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge of customer business, disease state, product prescribing information, approved promotional clinical trials, patient access to medication, and regulatory/compliance guidelines.
• Strong knowledge of key laws and regulations impacting the pharmaceutical industry including the PhRMA Code; Federal Food, Drug, Cosmetic Act; Anti-Kickback Statute; False Claims Act, OIG/DOJ Guidance; Foreign Corrupt Practices Act; and federal and state transparency and disclosure laws, and VA Promotional Handbook.
• Must successfully complete all company training programs and pass the company certification process, as well as all customer-mandated and vendor credentialing requirements
• Ability to travel up to 70% of the time (as territory requires) including overnight travel to conferences, training, and sales meetings etc.
• Valid US driver’s license and a driving record in compliance with company standards required
• The ability to operate a motor vehicle safely and successfully is required
As a condition of employment and an essential function of this field-based position, applicants must be able to engage in person with HCPs and other third parties at their offices, institutions and other appropriate locations on a regular basis. In order to gain in-person access, applicants selected for the position may be required to complete third parties’ credentialing and/or entry requirements, which often include an attestation to and/or providing proof of having received certain vaccinations, including but not limited to the COVID-19 or flu vaccines. To the extent you are unable to meet certain requirements for qualifying medical (including pregnancy-related) or religious reasons, applicants must request a reasonable accommodation by contacting the Human Resources Department.