The Senior Mortgage Loan Officer prospects, establishes, and maintains relationships with customers, all referral partners including realtors, vendors, and contractors by providing mortgage lending product and service expertise to meet and exceed established lending goals and staying within established lending limits, ensuring loan quality, and growth for the Bank.
- Solicit and sell 1 - 4 family loans through self-motivated marketing efforts that may include participation in sales calls, home-buyer seminars, Realtor and Homebuilders Association functions, Parade of Homes, Home Shows. An active, involved member of the community that attends community activities.
- Interview customers to obtain financial histories including income, assets, investments and debts. Analyzes the customer’s financial information to meet the customer’s needs by:
- Educating the borrower on the advantages and disadvantages of mortgage loan products.
- Use every customer contact as an opportunity to advise customer about additional services or programs that may benefit them.
- Always asking the customer for his/her business.
- Prepare residential loan applications completely, accurately, and in compliance with Federal guidelines and Gate City Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Assist loan origination staff with the process of loans. Act with a sense of urgency in responding to required documentation.
- Meet established personal production goals and assists in the achievement of all the Bank’s annual production goals.
- Prospect, build, and maintain relationships with real estate brokers, local builders and contractors, and other sources for a continued source of production.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all current policies, procedures, and compliance pertaining to mortgage loans, including CRA.
- Responsible for training employees and mentoring of new Mortgage Loan Officers.
- Provide a “Wow” customer service experience for team members and customers.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with team members, leaders, customers, and vendors.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is essential in order to provide expected levels of service.
- Must comply with all Gate City Bank policies, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Must be detailed-oriented and maintain high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university preferred; 5-7 years related (sales) experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.