Position Overview: Responsible for ensuring the overall safety, quality, and profitability of the region. The Regional Manager will drive diversification across markets and areas within the region and lead the cross-selling message with current and new customers. They support the effort of the Industrial Services Controls group to ensure standards are adhered to and necessary reporting and data are distributed within the Region. In addition, they guide the organizational structure of the region through its growth and development, building a robust team to execute the mission and goals of the company and the Region.
Safety: support the corporate safety goals and lead the regional safety presence to ensure that projects and personnel adhere to safety standards and requirements, including reporting, meetings, safety app utilization, site specific safety plans, pre-planning, and metrics (e.g. TRIR, DART, EMOD)
Quality: support the implementation and sustained execution of Industrial Services quality standards by the regional quality personnel, ensuring that all projects and operational employees meet these quality standards.
- Ensure that all projects meet or beat bid-day gross margins, supporting the Industrial Services controls that are necessary to achieve this goal. Keep gross margins at target.
- Ensure that regional overhead expenses are kept at a level at target, balancing growth and resource bench strength with opportunities that are available.
Growth and Diversification:
Markets: Bid and build projects in the following markets: fossil fuels, mining, food and beverage, power, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, chemical, renewables, pulp and paper, and agricultural, etc.
- Focusing on non-fossil fuel opportunities, but not forgoing profitable opportunities within the fossil fuel market that are easily accessible through existing customer relationships and proximity to existing company resources.
Areas: Bid and build projects in a variety of geographies within the region, establishing the company brand as the go-to leader in Industrial Services throughout the region.
- Cross Selling:
- Lead the full-service, turnkey offering message throughout the region. Work with Regional management team and the sales function within the Controls group to ensure all company services are maximized with each existing and future customer. This includes customer meetings, proposal development, and new customer acquisition.
- Project Controls:
- Along with the rest of the Regional Management team, ensure that projects adhere to the standards set forth by the Industrial Services Project Controls group for each project. This includes all items related to the project lifecycle: budgeting, costing, productivity tracking, scheduling, document control, change order development, forecasting, project closeout, etc.
- Support the Project Controls group in the development and implementation of these standards as needed.
- Organizational Development:
- Determine and implement the organizational structure within the region that’s necessary to meet the Safety, Quality, Profitability, Growth, and Diversification goals listed previously. This includes the establishment of additional area offices and leadership to service local customers within the region.
- Oversee the recruiting of professional staff and craft leadership to execute existing and new work fronts.
- Ensure hires are made based on Humble, Hungry, and Smart Criteria
- Assist in wage determinations and standardization for different pay classes across the divisions.
- Resource Management:
- Support Regional Management, Project Management and Craft Management to meet the growth and diversification needs.
- Ensure the region has the employment bench strength to pursue a potential project and allow for growth and diversification in the region.
- Support Regional and Controls Group estimating effort through bid reviews and constructability reviews, including review of activity productions, crew makeup, equipment selection and cost analysis. If Regional estimating takes place outside of the Project Controls group, then estimate development as well as the estimate reviews will fall under the Regional Operations Manager purview.
- Willingness and commitment to develop direct reports to support their growth in job specific skills as well as leadership capabilities.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager.
- Understanding of the following positions, whether from specific previous experience in the position, or proximity to the position in the past: Regional Operations Manager, Project Manager, Project Engineer, Field Engineer, General Superintendent, Construction Manager, Project Superintendent, General Foreman, Foreman, Quality Technician, Safety Technician, and Safety Manager.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the construction of industrial projects.
- Experience with strategic planning, financial statement evaluation, KPI development, leadership development, customer acquisition, basic human resource functions, and all other elements of leading a construction company.
- Experience managing projects across multiple locations, up to $50MM in value, and multiple crews with at least 150 craft employees
- Completion of OSHA 30 or equivalent safety training.
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Job or similar job costing program.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency with technical writing.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record and maintenance of such driving record.
- Pass Background check.
- Humble, Hungry and Smart
- Physical and mental ability to address the potential hazards listed below
- External work environment leading to exposure to external elements: uneven surfaces, extreme hot and cold temperatures, active construction equipment, animal interactions, etc.
- Manufacturing, refining and other industrial environments
- Exposure to noise above 85 decibels and intense odors and adverse gases
- Exposure to areas with limited visibility
- Exposure to areas that require supplement breathing apparatuses
- Adverse weather conditions for vehicle travel
- Air travel
- Access to scopes of work at extreme heights and inside trenches or confined spaces (including tanks and vessels)
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k after 60 days of employment with a company match up to 4%
- Employee paid Dental and Vision Insurance
We are “Leading the Change” in the industrial sector. Our growth and successes have not changed who we are. We live our core values every day:
WE TAKE ACTION
WE DO WHAT WE SAY
WE LEAD BY EXAMPLE
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
WE PRACTICE STEWARDSHIP