- The Electrical Engineer is responsible for performing electrical engineering designs for renovation projects in industrial environments. These designs will consist of development of construction drawings, performing calculations, and writing technical specifications and construction scopes of work. The position may have opportunities to guide, lead, and mentor more junior electrical engineering staff and lead teams of other electrical engineers and designers on mid-sized and moderately complex projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work with other technical resource groups and project management to develop project front-end documentation, including project execution plans, estimates, and schedules
- Regularly interface with client counterparts to align technical design with client requirements and criteria
- Prepare detailed design of projects in compliance with governing codes, regulatory requirements and client standards
- Perform calculations of fault currents, electrical demand load, voltage drop, conduit and feeder sizing, heat trace sizing
- Complete electrical documentation, including single lines, area classification development, plan drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, technical specifications, and construction scopes of work
- Develop and foster working relationships with clients for business development purposes
- Work package checking and quality control
- Perform field surveys to validate existing conditions and determine parameters for new designs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Professional registration strongly encouraged but not required.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft applications.
- Experienced in project scoping, estimating, and detailed electrical design.
- Software experience: Electrical Modeling software (SKM, EZPower, and/or ETAP), application software such as lighting and heat trace design, and AutoCAD. AutoCAD is not required but a plus.
- Ability to work independently, as well as guide and lead other electrical engineering and design staff.
- Ability to self-check work products.
- Working understanding of the latest edition of the National Electrical Code.
- Capable of some travel.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a TWIC card.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering.
- PE strongly preferred.
- 8-25 years’ experience in design of industrial electrical power, distribution, area classification, schematics, grounding, lighting, and heat tracing systems.
- Able to sit/stand, type, and perform computer work for long periods of time.
- Frequent use of hands/fingers for computer entry.
- Able to perform occasional bending, lifting, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs if necessary.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs at heights as would be necessary for a field survey in a heavy industrial environment.
Compensation Range: $70 to $85/hr