Are you an Infrastructure Analyst who knows how to work well within a team, with multiple outside vendors and internal expertise to ensure these services are installed and meet the company’s technology requirements?
Reporting to the Manager of Network and Communication, this position is responsible for the provisioning and support of corporate network as well as the configuration of Process/Operational network equipment (routers, switches, controllers, wireless access points, servers, etc..) to provide connectivity for all network clients. The position works within a team and with multiple outside vendors and internal expertise to ensure these services are installed and meet technology requirements. The position will also be responsible for sites and network documentation as well as any configuration changes. Remote sites travel and performing this work outside normal working hours may be requested occasionally to ensure client downtime is minimal.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Install, configure, and maintain corporate or process/operational network infrastructure, and system components.
- Performing considerably complex troubleshooting of network and data systems in collaboration with other teams.
- Proactive involvement in incident resolution and root cause analysis.
- Provides sites and network documentation, training, and guidance to computing system clients and users.
- Coordinate and plan technical layout for new hardware system or upgrade of old network infrastructure with plant managers, technical resource, and contractors.
- Help analyze solution for short, medium, and long-range IT infrastructure projects.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Coordinate and work with vendor’s support teams to resolve complex network/systems problems.
- Assist on technical research for infrastructure upgrades and components to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for existing and new network infrastructure systems using detailed diagrams.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network, Local Area Network, wireless technology, server, and security
- Basic knowledge of routing and switching technologies, supporting protocols such as point-to-point, OSPF, MPLS, VLAN’s, Spanning Tree and SNMP.
- SDWAN, WAN optimization, VPN, Microsoft 365, Azure, and VMWare.
- Using handheld tools and software application for testing, troubleshooting and configuration.
- Cabling including copper cross connect, CAT5/6, Fiber Optics in Outside Plant (OSP) and inside building (riser, data closets, computer rooms)
- Following standard processes and procedures, such as ticketing system, change control policies and ITIL process.
- Able to communicate and explain technical information to non-technical people.
- Customer service experience with methodical and analytical approach.
- Working on a team environment as participant and member of the team.
- Working on a plant or mining sites environment for any information technology issues
- Using Allen Bradley ControlLogix, Stratix and Cisco Switches.
- Read and create electrical/network drawings and documentation.
- At least 4 years of university degree in Computing Science, or equivalent 2 years diploma in IT with combined experience
- Minimum 5-10 years of work-related experience in a medium or large complex enterprise IT environment.
- Working knowledge of Network Security and Networking technologies.
- Working knowledge of Firewall and Firewall management.
- Working knowledge of Virtual Environments.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Networking to a CCNA level.
- Basic understanding of ITIL processes.
Salary information: $90-100k depending on experience
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.