Are you a Director of Technology who loves Data-driven businesses with a mandate to grow? Do you want to help modernize the technology and have a seat at the table?
Our client has asked us to find a Director of Technology for a permanent position. On behalf of our client, we are seeking an experienced, hands-on senior software engineer to step into the role of Director of Technology to lead the technical design and delivery of their software initiatives. As the most senior technical resource in the organization your technical responsibilities will include overseeing technical architecture, product maintenance and improvements, and managing the software development and deployment processes. In addition to your technical duties, you will be responsible for the management of a small team of software delivery professionals, both employees and contractors, while also providing consultation to other groups in the organization. This role presents a unique opportunity to push their products in new directions while also shaping the future iterations of existing features. This is an exciting time to be a part of this team — you will have an incredible impact on the engineering and product evolution as they grow the business and the company. We love this client because the business opportunities for them are vast and they have the backing of a large parent company.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Partner closely with the President and business stakeholders to set business goals, define product needs, and ultimately deliver software solutions that drive business performance.
- Manage software products, platforms and databases, ensuring all team-developed intellectual property is secure, well-documented, and maintained.
- Establish technical standards for the team and implement new processes to improve team effectiveness.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems. This is a hands-on role that will require coding and architecture design.
- Manage vendors and budget for infrastructure, services and tools supporting software development
- Take ownership of the team's performance, empowering team members and removing obstacles.
- Lead fast-paced product development, providing strong technical leadership, guidance, and mentorship.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer, demonstrating proficiency with various technologies involved in modern web application development.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, API design, and the ability to architect and implement scalable systems and mitigate performance bottlenecks.
- Proven track record in building data analytic products and tackling challenges related to security, authentication, authorization, and integrated systems.
- Strong hands-on proficiency with the following technologies: MS SQL Server 2019, .NET 5/7, .NET Framework (Web Form), ReactJS, and AWS services (e.g., Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, VPC).
- Adept at balancing managerial responsibilities and individual contributor work - with a track record of shipping high-quality products.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and people management skills.
Salary information: $160-180K per year depending on experience
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.