Are you a Project Manager who has experience managing multiple mid-sized projects simultaneously and can support a Senior Project Manager on multimillion dollar projects? Do you want to work in an organization that has multiple lines of business with exciting technology projects in the landscape? Our client is a large, stable company that is a leader in their field. They utilize technology to provide positive, real-world solutions that solve unique and complex business challenges. They are consistently ranked as one of Canada’s top-rated workplaces.
Our client is looking for a Project Manager for a permanent position or a 12 month contract who will be responsible for the overall delivery and enhancement of IS services to the business.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on a daily basis:
- Clarify all requirements/user stories and the approved solution in coordination with the Solution Consultant for both business and technical teams. Determine the appropriate execution framework that will be used in the delivery approach and implementation. Determine and plan all user testing, working with the business to ensure quality of deliverables.
- Review, acquire and manage resources to fulfill the solution delivery and aid in the scheduling discussions. Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel. Build and maintain motivated project teams, ensuring the team collaborates, communicates, and maintains focus and velocity to deliver the approved solution meeting business requirements.
- Create and implement the work plan according to the decided delivery approach and technology platform to meet solution requirements with the appropriate IT and business teams. Initiate the proper processes for work approvals and change requests where required.
- Identify, assess, and mitigate project risks and escalate as required. Provide project reporting and status including stakeholder analysis and communication plan for internal and external communication to stakeholders, improving transparency, in compliance with ADKAR principles.
- Coordinate the approval of contracts with compliance and activities with vendors to ensure timely implementation and proper documentation.
- Ensure service data management compliance for reporting and metrics. All required reporting fields are completed, updated, and maintained
Here’s the kind of person we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ demonstrated experience in infrastructure platforms and enterprise application development environments
- 3+ years experience working in enterprise project or product management teams
- 2 years experience leading or being part of Scrum teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations, and proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity
- PMP, ScrumMaster or SAFe certification is preferred
- Experience in leading projects and programs within and outside IT, as well as those that involved external providers
- Experience with new delivery practices such as DevOps or Agile
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL concepts
- Managed engagements using both Waterfall and Agile/Iterative methodologies
- Experience working in IS as a shared service, proving services to a diverse group of companies
- Managed and delivered IT engagements for mid to large size enterprises.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.