Do you want to be an integral part of a team that supports a safe housing program?
We are currently in search of a Community & Building Liaison for the District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH). The position is full-time, in-person based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION: District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH)
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Community & Building Liaison
DURATION: Full Time, Shift Hours: 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM
HOURLY RATE: $20.60 (Salary: $42,848)
Is This Your Dream Job? The Community & Building Liaison is responsible for ensuring excellence customer service while monitoring the safety and security of survivors of domestic and sexual violence and staff within the building.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 2+ years experience in providing superior customer service
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office and technologically savvy
· Compassionate, Mission-driven and Trauma-informed
· Initiative-taker and able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
· COVID-19 vaccination required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Serve as the first point of contact by managing the front desk and phone lines, greeting customers and residents, and permitting entry to residents and guests.
· Ensure building, personnel, and residents are always safe and secure by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting the building, equipment, and access points.
· Solve problems and provide de-escalation with residents when needed.
· Participate in and/or host resident and staff appreciation days.
· Provide facility support through monitoring items in need of repair and communicating to appropriate facility management staff.
· Maintain accurate and detailed daily logs and reports.
· Effectively communicate between dispatch, site supervisors, and DASH Team members as needed.
· Comply with federal, state, and local confidentiality and victim services laws and regulations.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule as needs may include some weekends.
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please apply using the link below.
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.