Do you have experience in managing a residential program providing advocacy and support to families?
We are currently in search of an Associate Director of Residential Programs for the District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH). The position is full-time, hybrid based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION: District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH)
LOCATION: Washington, DC- Hybrid
POSITION TITLE: Associate Director of Residential Programs
DURATION: Full Time
Is This Your Dream Job? The Associate Director of Residential Programs provides strategic oversight of the day-to-day functions of the Cornerstone Program, the District’s largest dedicated safe house consisting of 45-units and promotes the programs and organization in the community.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit program management
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
· Initiative-taker and able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Compassionate, Mission-driven, and Trauma-informed
· Understanding of cultural diversity, family violence, and hard-to-reach or resistant individuals and families
· Bachelor’s degree
· COVID-19 vaccination required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Maintain project plans to ensure program delivery and data reporting for the shelter and all supporting partnerships.
· In collaboration with the Executive Team, oversee the planning and implementation of adult and family programming for residents.
· As program budget holder, manage expenses to ensure compliance with approved budget, policies, procedures, and Grant Awards, reporting to the Executive Team on variances and management of risk mitigation.
· Provide oversight of advocacy services, including day-to-day program operations and decision-making and soliciting feedback in on-going program development evaluation.
· Assist residents in navigating multiple social services systems, including law enforcement, immigration, the courts, health care, disability services, and others.
· Ensure accurate and timely documentation and compliance with federal, state, and local confidentiality and victim services laws and regulations.
· Provide direct management including professional development of 5 staff members and potentially additional interns or volunteers.
· Manage partnerships with domestic violence and sexual violence program partners, stakeholders, community organizations, volunteers, and staff, to offer additional resources, resident workshops, and programming.
· Represents DASH, at external community events and stakeholder meetings such as the Interagency Council on Homelessness to promote the program and organization’s visibility throughout the region.
· Evaluate all programs to identify patterns, processes, weaknesses and develop innovative training and technical assistance solutions for improvement to services to ensure alignment with best practices.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please apply using the link below.
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.