We are currently in search of a Performance & Compliance Specialist for DASH (District Alliance for Safe Housing). The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, hybrid position with the need to be in the office 3 days per week.
ORGANIZATION: DASH (District Alliance for Safe Housing)
LOCATION: Washington, DC/Hybrid in office 3 times weekly
POSITION TITLE: Performance & Compliance Specialist
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Performance & Compliance Specialist, you will be proactive and agile, demonstrating high initiative and planning skills as you manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will oversee People & Culture (P&C) compliance, performance, employee training, and professional development functions. You will enact the commitment to the engagement, well-being, growth, professional development, and ultimate success of DASH’s employees. You will work with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality. You thrive in a dynamic, people-centered, results-driven, fast-paced environment that requires flexibility, collaboration, and creative thinking. You consistently maintain a service mentality and organizational integrity and adhere to the DASH model and values.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Experience with gamification of learning.
- Knowledge of various training methods, including microlearning.
- Experience in performance and employee development analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of HR liability and compliance, HR certification preferred.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional customer service and engagement skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- May occasionally be called upon to perform various physical tasks, such as pushing, pulling, and lifting as much as 25 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Travel Requirements: Minimal
How You Will Spend Your Day:
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Expectations:
- Prioritize P&C functions related to grant compliance.
- Maintain organized records and easily accessible documentation.
- Ensure employees hold necessary qualifications, certifications, licensures, and training for their roles.
- Implement P&C department audit functions as directed by the Senior Director.
- Complete or oversee background checks, references, employment verification, and education verification.
- Perform P&C functions in compliance with grant funding requirements and relevant employment laws and regulations.
- Develop correction plans for internal and external audit findings and add them to the department's action item list.
- Conduct new employee onboarding initial orientation.
- Coordinate and schedule executive orientation with leadership and new hires.
- Conduct employee reorientation as needed.
- Advise DASH supervisory staff in creating and issuing counseling statements, performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions, and performance assessments.
- Review DASH supervisor-generated counseling statements, performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions, and performance assessments for improvement.
- Ensure appropriately updated needs analysis for employee training and development is conducted.
- Seek out and promote resources for employee development opportunities.
- Assist with scheduling in-house training. Distribute training reminders and maintain electronic training records.
- Coordinate training for supervisory staff on supervisory skills, performance appraisal, performance management, and professional development as a continuous improvement project.
- Produce internal communication materials and documents for employees. Craft suitable, appropriate, practical, engaging, and professional messages to help the organization stay aligned and focused.
- Cultivate a positive and welcoming work environment. Build and maintain relationships with people at different experience levels, positions, and backgrounds.
- Model DASH’s standard of understanding, sensitivity, and responsiveness to cultural differences in the agency’s service and employee population.
- Master, communicate, and model DASH values.
- Monitor the performance assessment process, ensuring completion with proper documentation.
- Motivate the leadership team to ensure the completion of performance assessments at DASH-stated intervals.
- Track and report to the Senior Director performance assessment completion rates.
- Administer and train the managers to continuously improve the performance assessment process, including professional development planning.
- Measure, analyze, and report performance and professional development metrics.
- Track and report on department internal and external audit findings metrics.
- Measure, analyze, and report leadership and employee professional development metrics.
Furthering the P&C Department
- Maintain effective working relationships with all employees. Demonstrate a great degree of discretion, flexibility, and cooperation.
- Assist the P&C Senior Director with project work as requested.
- Maintain constant communication with the P&C Senior Director concerning duties, roadblocks, accomplishments, tools, or resources needed, and follow-up of your assignments.
- Exhibit the highest standards of ethics and personal integrity. Ensure employee confidentiality consistently.
- Keep the Senior Director of P&C appropriately informed of relevant employee issues, concerns, or personal situations that may impact their work.
Overseeing Outsourcing of:
- P&C processes provided by vendors, including vendor evaluation and management.
- Consultants that facilitate P&C responsibilities that are outlined in this job description.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in the following software programs is necessary for this role: Office 365 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and SharePoint.
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS) software
- Performance Management and Learning Management Systems
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, credit check, and drug test.
- Must proof of a vaccination against COVID-19 unless qualified for medical or religious exemption.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
DASH is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment and building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community. DASH bases employment decisions on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. DASH does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or characteristics protected by the District of Columbia and federal law. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the essential job functions, supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this role. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and needs of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned, and management can add or change the responsibilities at any time.
We’d love to hear from you. If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please click “Apply” to submit your resume.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is this position not a great fit? For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.