Do you have experience in providing advocacy and support to families?
We are currently in search of a Community Housing & Systems Navigator for the District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH). The position is full-time, hybrid based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION: District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH)
LOCATION: Washington, DC- Hybrid
POSITION TITLE: Community Housing & Systems Navigator
DURATION: Full Time
Is This Your Dream Job? The Community Housing & Systems Navigator oversees the day-to-day functions of the Community Housing Program department for the Virginia Williams Family Resource Center and provides training and support services to staff to strengthen their capacity to provide high quality services to survivors.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 2+ years of experience in providing advocacy services
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Compassionate, Mission-driven, and Trauma-informed
· Initiative-taker and able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge of housing navigation, community providers, and services
· Bilingual Spanish- Preferred
· COVID-19 vaccination required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Serve as the first point of contact to survivors of domestic and sexual violence
· Conduct intakes to assess and develop initial safety plans and provide resources/referrals
· Collaborate with DHS & DASH teams to coordinate internal and external program referrals
· Attend weekly sessions at the Housing Resource Clinic to provide resources and support to DASH clients
· Develop and maintain partnerships with landlords, service providers, schools, and other key resources
· Serve as the expert on housing and homeless resources in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia
· Coordinate with VWFRC, DASH, and subject matter expert staff to arrange monthly trainings
· Provide educational trainings on trends/best practices at DASH, DHS, and other community organizations
· Maintain accurate and timely documentation on individual participants while complying with federal, state, and local confidentiality and victim services laws and regulations
· Identify patterns, processes, weaknesses and develop innovative training and technical assistance solutions for improvement to services
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please apply using the link below.
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.