Our client is a stable growing PE-backed manufacturing company located in North Orange County. They are looking for a dynamic Controller to join their team and will be responsible for preparing the monthly accounts, trial balance, financial statements, and variance analysis. He/She will also play a major role in coordinating with external auditors and other special projects including FP&A, Standard Costing, etc.
- To maintain accounting records and books in a fast-paced and rewarding environment; ensure monthly and quarterly books are closed within required deadlines.
- Act as a key resource on special projects, external audits, and continuous process improvements in such areas as internal control environment, accounts receivable collection, cash flow management, etc.
- Work closely with the CFO to prepare annual operating and capital budgets and interim forecasting, and compile and analyze variations in monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements.
- Support CFO with the board of directors meeting presentations and reporting.
- Lead preparation of annual consolidated financial statements and disclosures in accordance with US GAAP
- Assess current accounting operations, and offer recommendations for improvement, and implement new policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Assist business performance planning, tracking, and reporting.
- Prepare analysis and reconciliation of certain expense and balance sheet accounts.
- Coordinates with warehouse manager to conduct regular and year-end physical inventory reconciliations.
- Lead preparation of tax returns and ensure on-time payments.
- Perform regular, detailed audits to ensure accuracy in financial documents, expenditures, and investments.
- Assist in the preparation of audit work papers for year-end audits with outside auditors.
- Ensure proper accounting treatment and adherence to internal policies and ensure compliance with any relevant statutory laws and financial and tax reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance,
- Preferably someone who is a CPA or CMA
- Must have a minimum of 4 solid years in a Manufacturing Environment
- Must have 4 years working in public/private accounting or a combination of both
- Required to have a very high aptitude for utilizing Microsoft Excel
- Must have a strong technical knowledge of US GAAP
- Preferably experienced in utilizing business intelligence platforms (Power BI)
- Preferably with Cost Accounting experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Relevant accounting experience, preferably in the manufacturing sector with a strong understanding of ERP systems and associated processes
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills, ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
Compensation up to $180K