Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
As a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager at firm, you will support the Firm by using your experience and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and ability to analyze information to lead and execute firm wide initiatives and goals for the Finance Accounting department. You will manage the annual budget process, provides forecasting analysis, and reviews and analyzes variance reports. You will manage the firm’s analysis of the firms personnel expenses for appropriateness and reasonableness as well as broader analysis of the firm’s financial performance. You will develop and supervise your staff by performing a multitude of responsibilities, including but not limited to, hiring, assignment, training, evaluation, discipline, termination, and salary and bonus administration. You will be responsible for providing project improvement solutions while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
· Managing, training, and coaching the expense analysis team and leading them in their professional development endeavors. Organizing, assigning, delegating and coordinating the work of the staff to ensure department objectives are met timely and accurately.
· Generating performance evaluations, and recommending salary increases. Also working with HR to recruit, select, train, coach, and discipline employees.
· Managing personnel expense report audits and providing guidance to monitor expenses in compliance with firm’s policies
· Leading the firm’s annual operating budget, including the development and maintenance of templates for the budget, and forecasts, including budget-to-actual variance analysis.
· Developing the budget planning schedule and timetables and ensuring the budget is within the deadline.
· Preparing regular budget updates.
· Overseeing and consolidating the actual to budget comparison and forecasting analysis.
· Providing training and support for the firm’s directors/managers as part of the annual operating budget preparation process.
· Ensuring templates and instructions are issued timely.
· Providing strategic support to the Director of Global Accounting.
· Completing special projects on various issues as needed. Projects may include, but are not limited to, preparing and writing ad-hoc reports and assisting with month end closing.
· Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
As a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Financial Planning & Analysis Manager must have strong financial modeling and analysis background, strong aptitude for financial transactional and reporting systems, excellent leadership skills (i.e., organizing, planning, problem-solving and decision-making) necessary for effective management, and well developed and professional interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate should have the ability to proofread work of others to ensure compliance and accuracy and work in a team environment with a customer service focus, and the organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
The successful candidate will have the confidence and discipline to work independently and provide concise and specific recommendations to senior managers, strong attention to detail and quality assurance processes, and exhibit an advanced ability to perceive and analyze problems and develop alternative strategies to solve them.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required. A CPA, CMA, or MBA is a plus. A minimum of seven (7) years general accounting or financial accounting experience is required along with financial reporting, month end close, and budget preparation. A minimum of four (4) years supervisory/ management experience is desired.