We are hiring a Director of HR to provide consultation and leadership to our Connectors Americas Business unit. Reporting to the VP HR for Connect and Control Technologies and our VP General Managers for the Connectors organization, this HR Business Partner will be based out of our Irvine, CA office. The successful candidate will have experience working in operations in Mexico and will be both a strategic and hands-on contributor.
Your role is critical in partnering with the business to develop and execute our people initiatives. You’ll lead your team to carry out CCT strategy of:
- Attracting, growing and retaining high-quality talent;
- Enabling efficient, scalable and customer-centric operations; as well as
- Driving a culture of performance, learning and employee engagement.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Partner with the VP/GM Connectors Americas, business and functional leadership to develop, implement and deploy the enterprise People strategy in a way that delivers maximum value, identifying specific requirements to attract, engage, develop and reward the best talent across the organization
- Serve as a key resource and sounding board for the VP/GM Connectors Americas in providing leadership on HR initiatives and addressing various HR matters that arise.
- Use a data-driven approach to identify and address business challenges; exercise business and financial acumen to deliver impactful HR solutions
Minimum requirements for consideration:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in Human Resources Business Partner roles;
- Experience supporting multiple business and functional groups simultaneously, in multiple locations including cross-border with Mexico; global experience preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing a team of direct reports
- BA/BS in relevant field required, Master’s degree preferred
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish strongly preferred
- Ability to travel internationally
- Proven ability to learn and effectively use diverse technological platforms, including Workday; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is strongly desired (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A proven track record of combining a deep understanding of the business (including goals, strategies, culture and global challenges) with a well-developed consultative approach, to partner with business leadership in creating and implementing solutions which positively help the business achieve its objectives;
- Track record of leading HR transition and integration activities associated with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures;
- Solid experience in broad, business-centered HR support with a history of leading significant HR initiatives;
- Ability to synthesize diverse data-points and follow up with appropriate recommendations in line with our strategic initiatives;
- Well-rounded HR background ideally with experience in Change Management, Talent & Development, HR Analytics, Employee/Labor Relations, HRIS, and Recruiting/Onboarding;
- Strong communication skills with an ability to engage at all levels;
- Intimate knowledge of HR strategies and processes, as well as current market trends and potential future HR trends.
- Track record of preparing and facilitating executive overviews and leadership training
- Significant experience investigating and resolving complex employee relations matters; and
- Facilitation of functional recruitment strategies and supporting recruitment for senior level roles as needed.