Job Title: IT Audit Lead
The IT Audit Lead will work within Internal Audit. Internal Audit's primary role is to provide independent assurance that the Bank's risk management, governance, and internal control processes are operating effectively. In support of this mission, the IT Audit team performs control effectiveness reviews across the enterprise, with a primary focus on the technological elements of the internal control framework. The IT Audit Lead functions as the Auditor-In-Charge to lead the completion of simple to moderately-complex audits and related issue follow-up.
- Conduct annual SOX IT testing, document and timely disposition all SOX findings in accordance with the SOX requirements
- Assist with IT audit project planning which includes developing risk assessment, audit scope, and time budget
- Develop Audit Programs to ensure the program is risk-based, the test steps are adequately defined and key inherent risks are identified in the Program
- Prepare neat, concise, appropriately referenced and easy-to-follow working papers that support the procedures performed, conclusion drawn and recommendations made
- Prepare audit reports on internal control deficiencies and recommend improvements; ensuring clarity, conciseness and issuance in a timely manner
- Participate in various committees or task forces geared to policy/procedure development and operational improvements
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with appropriate corporate and business unit management.
- Execute on special projects and other assignments as assigned by management
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters degree preferred
- 6+ years of audit or related risk management experience required
- Anticipate challenges in meeting assigned tasks within budget and deadlines and keep Auditor-In-Charge of progress
- Each team member must have knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC Laws/Regulations, understand how these obligations relate to his/her role, and comply with these laws and regulations
- Ability to effectively write audit reports and audit issues and communicate professionally with area management.
- Ability to analyze a process and to identify and document key risks and internal controls, identifying control weaknesses
- Ability to develop and adjust audit program as appropriate.
- Basic project management skills to oversee audit timelines and budgets.
- Proficient level of business expertise in specialty areas assigned (if any).