This role will oversee the accounting function and the financial systems
supporting the business with 3 direct reports and a full team of 10 individuals to
provide accurate and timely financials for the business. This position will
interface closely with the Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis and
will report directly to the CFO. Key areas of responsibilities include:
• Contributes to the creation of the department vision and strategy.
• Recruiting, developing and leading the accounting team.
• Directs all aspects of accounting operations – GL entries, receivables,
payables, inventory, payroll, fixed assets, lease accounting, financial
reporting, treasury and tax.
• Establishes and maintains accounting policies, procedures and internal
controls to ensure all transactions are executed and recorded in accordance
• Prepares month-end financial reporting and analysis.
• Manages all aspects of cash flow, including payments to vendors, credits
and collections and customer and vendor terms.
• Oversees the coordination of all audits with our audit partners.
• Maintains the primary accounting system and all third-party software
supporting the accounting processes.
• Ensures risk management strategies are implemented and updated.
IDEAL PROFILE: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
• CPA is strongly preferred but not required.
• Progressive experience in accounting/controllership with a blend of both
small/mid-sized and large company experience commensurate with an
executive level role.
• Proven experience leading teams and departments.
• Public accounting experience is highly desirable but not required.
• Strong analytical prowess and organizational skills, a penchant for curiosity
and the ability to build strong cross functional relationships within and
outside the organization.
• Adept at both working strategically and digging deep into the details