A global professional services firm seeks a Financial Systems Specialist to join their Los Angeles team. In this role, you will be providing technology support to staff via telephone, email, and remote access regarding current and future software applications as it relates to the 3E application. You will be responsible for providing 3E support by responding to user questions and issues in addition to accomplishing other critical functions
· Providing end user support for the 3E and the Electronic Billing Hub (eBH) financial and billing systems, respectively, for the financial departments of the firm.
· Acting as a resource to the firm on various financial technology questions for staff and other users. Responding to user questions and issues in a timely manner and assisting with solutions.
· Working with the 3E and eBH vendor in order to resolve complex issues.
· Responsible for user security, testing software upgrades and assisting with system setups.
· Assisting the Supervisor of Financial Systems Support with special projects dealing with continuing education/workshops and user support issues.
· Working with the financial department and supporting various accounting functions.
· Tracing transactions through previous accounting/billing actions to determine the source of discrepancies and following appropriate procedures to correct them.
· Researching billing data to verify information on financial reports.
· Computing and/or analyzing complex reports and schedules. These may include, but are not limited to, payment/billing schedules, client account analysis, or internal department budgets.
· Daily reviewing and resolving of 3E system generated transactional GL Posting errors.
· Reviewing research to troubleshoot and resolve 3E system sub-ledger data integrity issues. Testing resolutions and making recommendations to accounting for corrections in Production.
· Monitoring and maintaining notifications and notification schedules.
· Revising 3E custom Dashboards and 3E security as needed.
· Running SQL’s for 3E balancing schedules, reviewing and resolving balancing variances, including running SQL’s for tax related balancing schedules, and troubleshooting variances.
· Completing special projects on various issues as needed.
· Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
- Must have knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Should be experienced in the administration of the Elite system or 3E, testing software upgrades, and SQL Server Management Studio, including creating and running SQL’s.
- The Specialist is expected to comprehend and accurately perform mathematical functions and have the analytical skills necessary to correctly comprehend data.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Technology or a related field is preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience with Thomson Reuters Elite user support is required and experience with 3E is preferred.
- Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance.
- Eligible employees can participate in firm's comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more!
- In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.