The Financial Reporting Lead is an Integral part of SEC and Accounting Policy team. Responsible for the review of SEC filings and internal reports. Analyze SEC/GAAP and regulatory guidance.
• Prepare and review of all public filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8K and other SEC filings).
• Work with the investor relations function on the preparation and review of quarterly
• Assist in the ongoing monitoring and interpretation of new SEC/GAAP, Regulatory
pronouncements, prepare position papers on the impact to the company and implement
the accounting treatments.
• Independently research, direct and implement any accounting related implementation
projects with business units. Coordinate and engage with business units as needed, and
updates policy and procedural documentation.
• Maintain ongoing collaboration with other members of the accounting and other
departments to obtain and review schedules for the preparation of both internal reporting
package and external filings, and to ensure transactions are captured appropriately in the
• Undertake process improvements within the financial reporting group and work with
departments such as Data Management and Integration, Loan Operations, Treasury and
Legal to continuously improve the process flow and ensure data completeness and
accuracy, and ensure proper documentation of processes and recommend correction
• Review/prepare various schedules for internal reporting requirements including the
monthly Board package.
• Communicate with external and internal auditors regarding financial reporting matters
• Review the detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial
statements and footnotes.
• Provide direct support on various special projects.
• Manage, mentor and provide support to staff to develop competencies Plans, monitor work allocations, staffing levels to ensure proper utilization of labor. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Leads by example and models behavior that are consistent with team and company's values.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.)in accounting, business, finance or related field; At least 6 years of public accounting and public company SEC reporting experience
• Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and XBRL Workiva system
• Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills; including research skills regarding current and prospective updates to reporting
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
• Banking experience highly preferred
• Must be team-oriented and able to handle multiple assignments and be deadline oriented
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to execute and follow through to completion and documentation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Management experience required
• CPA license required