· Oversees Accounting department, budget preparation, and audit functions.
· Works with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
· Hires, train and retain skilled accounting and finance staff.
· Support financial department in developing short and long term financial and professional goals
· Provides leadership and management to the financial department.
· Directs the preparation and analysis of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
· Oversees the reconciliation of income and expense reports.
· Provides strategic management of all accounting and finance functions.
· Compares sales/revenue and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
· Responsible for designing financial models that benefit different operating initiatives. Reviews current models and suggests improvements accordingly.
· Identify and address potential financial risks for the company; Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
· Works with the President and other executives to provide financial strategy recommendations; Responsible for coordination of planning and execution.
· Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
· Serves as the key point of contact for financial partners and auditors.
· Implement strategies and systems to improve financial performance; Recommends improvements to ensure the integrity of the company’s financial information.
· Manages relationships with investors and investment institutions; Oversees investment of funds and works with investment bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion.
· Excellent management and supervisory skills.
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
· Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent strategic planning skills.
Education and Experience:
· Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required.
· Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
· Well versed in both generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and state and federal regulations.
· Eight to ten years of experience in financial management required.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
· Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
· May be required to travel
· Must be able to travel – Up to 2x per month
· Can work Remote – Must be proficient in reporting and communication