We are seeking a highly engaged Controller with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience from a CPA firm with audit and tax experience or hands-on functional finance and accounting experience to assist in and preparing monthly, quarterly & YTD consolidated financials, year-end audit, tax preparations, account analyses, reconciliations, rollforwards, reporting, and ad hoc analyses. This person will oversee other accounting staff and provide guidance. Organization, time management and timely communication will be key success factors in performing well in this role. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
· Prepare schedules and analyses for quarterly financial statements, year-end audits and tax compliance reporting.
· Assist in preparation of quarterly and year-end financial statements, financial analyses and any other ad hoc reports requested by executive management
· Assist in the preparation and delivery of all credit facility compliance
· Collaborate with the senior divisional leaders on project-level greenlight modeling; as well as actualization and library forecasting for long-range strategic planning processes
· Oversee production finance for Studio film productions, including: (a) Work with Treasury Management to establish production accounts; (b) Process weekly production funding; (c) Manage banking permissions for production related bank accounts; (d) monitor Weekly cashflow; and (e) tax credit analysis and tracking
· Provide financial management of divisional product releases and library titles, including tracking AR and collections
· Track and pursuing subsequent cycle monetization opportunities
· Generate and update library ultimate’s and cash flow projections.
· Handle internal and external audits, including working in conjunction with external auditors
· Suggest improvements to the internal control’s framework
· Manage participations and residuals reporting obligations for released titles, include tracking reporting deadlines and generating relevant statements/filings
· Provide ad hoc financial analysis for the Company’s divisions (e.g., cost summaries, loan balance calculations, actual to budget variances, uploading project budgets to ERP, etc.)
· Participate in cash flow projection process for various Company entities
· Help develop a culture of empowered teams by setting example of working relationships internal to the Company and ensuring accountability and high performance
· Take on new tasks, handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Manage supporting account staff as needed
· Accept other ad hoc duties as needed
Education/Training: Bachelor’s in accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus or an equivalent major. 10 yrs accounting experience with a minimum of 5 yrs managing others. 3-5 yrs entertainment experience in film strongly preferred.
License/certificates/software: 6 yrs or more Intacct and QuickBooks accounting software experience a plus, including querying and journal entry posting. 7-8 yrs experience in Nexonia expense reporting software application or other similar applications.
Related Experience: Ideal candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years of operational experience and functional hands-on accounting and/or Big 4 CPA firm experience. Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team. Ability to think critically and analytically. Proficiency with Microsoft Office in Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Solid written and verbal communication skills. Ability and willingness to interact effectively with different personalities and work styles across divisions. Ability to perform expert level calculations using Excel.
· Full time, Mon – Fri. Overtime hours are typical at certain times of the year or as necessary
· Open floor spaced office
· Fast-paced environment and deadline driven
· Detail oriented, with high level of integrity
· Works well with others and/or independently
· Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
Salary and Benefits
· Salary will be commensurate with experiences. We offer vacation, medical, dental, vision and 401K.