The Human Relations Generalist (HRG) is a Champion of People, Diversity and Inclusion. The HRG will support multiple plants, Plant Managers, local leadership and hourly associates on three shifts. The HRG is responsible for the HR function providing best in class services that facilitate greater effectiveness throughout the bakeries. HRG’s have strong labor relations, proven HRG skills that will engage the business. HRG’s have the ability to influence leadership and ability to link business objectives back to organizational effectiveness.
• Human Relations Generalist –HRG is a Change Agent and a Business Partner to their Plant Manager. As an HR Professional, the HRG is responsible for the ownership of all initiatives for the plant that are related to the Human Relations Function.
• Administration: Assist in managing headcount, turnover, exit interviews, and HR invoice processing. Maintain current job descriptions as positions evolve with management regarding staffing and organizational needs.
• Associate Learning & Development: Conduct new associate orientation sessions and other HR related training programs such as DSDE, 2020 GB Leader, Diversity and Inclusion, Labor Relations and Respect in the Workplace. Facilitate new hire safety orientation training and additional training needs assessments as needed by the plant.
• Associate Programs: Administering the annual Benefits Open Enrollment Process, Safety Perception survey, Pulse quarterly survey, etc. and answering and responding timely to associates HR inquires.
• Associate Relations: Assisting HR Manager with developing and implementing effective positive associate relations programs and administration of rewards & recognition.
• Centralized recruiting: Act as the HR point of contact in the bakery to support the recruiting for salaried positions managed through Centralized Recruiting and hourly positions through the Centers of Implementation. Maintain, deliver and continuously improve an effective on-boarding program for new hires aligned with corporate and local requirements driving retention of top talent.
• Talent Acquisition: Create, deliver and manage an annual hourly staffing plan. Manage the pipeline of key talent for BBU by managing open positions through the full recruitment life cycle for hourly level positions and salaried positions within the facilities. In the absence of the HR Manager, required to interview all salaried candidates. Responsible for compliance management for the recruitment files (e.g., resumes, interview notes, calibration and selection process).
• Talent Management: Own and drive the process for the bakery in regards to associate profiles, goal setting, development plans, midyear reviews, annual goal evaluation and succession planning.
• HR/Organization Consulting: Required to live, engage in, and coach others on the E4 Behaviors. Change management facilitation and organizational consulting with all levels of associates supporting our Manufacturing Transformation goals. Manage the maintenance of HR files and I-9’s for compliance.
• Performance Management: Transparent partner by working with the people managers to determine appropriate course of action with regard to staffing, hiring, performance management, safety and/or attendance concerns.
• 3+ years progressive human resource generalist experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
• Bilingual Spanish preferred.
• Labor Relations experience is highly desired.
• Demonstrated ability to be coachable and trainable for cross-training/development within the HR function in preparation for future progression.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong prioritization skills.
• Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills