We are seeking a Financial Pricing Analyst to join our Client Value department in the Firm’s Los Angeles headquarters. The Client Value department provides support to optimize the Firm’s global client service delivery model. The Financial Pricing Analyst will be a key contributor in activities related to billing rate and alternative fee arrangement administration as well as profitability analyses on legal matters.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Involvement in the Firm’s billing rate administration for all offices
- Maintaining the Firm’s rates and fee arrangements database
- Collaborating with the Firm’s billing department to execute negotiated fee arrangements
- Monitoring internal approvals for compliance with Firm policies
- Providing ad hoc pricing and budget related support to attorneys
- Corroborating historical financial and profitability information for use in pricing decisions
- Engaging in legal pricing related competitor and market studies
- Must be self-motivated, learn quickly, detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Must have a strong customer focus, be responsive, work well under pressure and continually strive for efficiency and excellence.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving ability are also required.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Should have the ability to view business issues in perspective, follow-up on projects/assignments and be able to prioritize and participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work with large volumes of data and possess advanced proficiency in Excel (i.e., formulas, macros, pivots, data manipulation).
- Candidate must be able to adapt to change and remain flexible with current and future responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills are required to build and maintain effective relationships with senior management, attorneys and staff.
· Bachelor’s degree is required. Preferred fields of study include in accounting, finance, economics, business, or math.
· One year of related work experience is preferred.
· Prior law firm or pricing experience is a plus.