Reporting to the CEO and serving as an integral member of the senior leadership team, the Vice
President of Finance and Operations will be responsible for the development of the firms
financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organizations
strategic goals that lead to profitable growth. Translating strategy into actionable goals for performance
and growth, implementing organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual
operating planning to hold members of management accountable for implementation of the strategy.
The VP of Finance Operations will bring insightful analysis, process, reporting, metrics, and disciplined
control to drive continuous margin improvement.
In addition to the strategic components of the position, the VP will be responsible for developing and
implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational
realms. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a
proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management who thrives in a fast-paced
high-growth organization. The Vice President will manage a team of two to three staff and oversee
relationships with several external vendors and consultants.
Strategic Leadership & Team Development:
• Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and
long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO, and other members or executive
• Drive the performance, strategic planning, and growth orientation for the business through
leadership in corporate and operational financial functions including financial and
operational control, business integration, planning, forecasting and analysis, cash flow, taxes
and corporate development.
• Analyze all client engagement economics to determine current and future margin goals to
ensure client by client profitability.
• Lead, direct, and organize the work of the finance and operations teams to promote a
culture of high-performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a
commitment to quality ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
based on providing value to customers, direct communication, compliance and
• Provides education and training about actual, proposed, or pending legislation and
regulations that affect operations, identifies operational obstacles, and works with
• Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, set objectives, establish
priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and manage salary adjustment
• Partner with HR to determine business metrics to be used to develop a robust career ladder
that is aligned with margin and profit accountability by level with appropriate training
Financial Oversight & Governance:
• Plan, coordinate and execute the annual budget process.
• Leads analysis of both corporate and client based operational/organizational systems,
policy/procedures and processes, and recommends changes according to accepted process
improvement methodology. Assists with implementation as required.
• Refine and manage an appropriate and efficient financial system of policies, internal
controls, accounting standards, and procedures, compliant with relevant regulatory bodies.
• Implement new client billing and financial analysis processes in partnership with Corporate
Finance and HR to ensure client analysis is assessed for staffing and future people
investments to ensure bottom line profitability goals are met.
• Working with HR Director and CEO, ensure that HR practices, benefit contracts and
operations are in order, efficient, and cost-effective.
• Refine administrative and operational accounting services such as cash management, 403
retirement plan, payroll, accounts payable, and purchasing.
• Participates in developing short and long-range strategic goals and organizational policies
and procedures for clients.
• Encourage a culture of solution design rather than mere problem solving.
• Co-manage the Information Technology functions of the organization with the software
• Attends relevant organizational meetings/committees and communicates appropriate
information to teams and business partners.
• Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance
and act when necessary.
Data Analysis & Reporting:
• Ongoing review of staffing ratios with analysis of client portfolio inclusive of revenue,
expenses, write-offs and provisions, to assess current and future headcount budgets in
partnership with HR to ensure healthy company margins are maintained.
• Collaborates with internal business partners to provide support and direction, in the process
of the implementation planning and goal setting for various clients and reports against the
• Reviews the data analysis provided by Corporate Finance to help with initial and ongoing
assessments of operations and dashboard client performance.
• Review monthly results, identify trends, assess if budget for the year is achievable, identify
significant variations and potential impact on operations and headcount, as well as Tri Star
profitability and client margin goals.
• Uses data to prepare recommendations to clients and to summarize complex data into
digestible presentations and executive summaries.
• Foster and encourage critical thinking in all analyses.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field required; MBA desired.
• Minimum of 12+ years of progressively responsible, successful experience in an executive/
management position with full P&L responsibility – entertainment sector preferred.
• Exceptional ability to obtain stakeholder buy-in & strong change management skills.
• Results-oriented, demonstrated strategic leader with a broad knowledge of management
practices and good business analysis/project management skills.
• Strong understanding of a client billing business model.
• Advanced computer skills.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of credibility, independence, integrity, confidentiality and
• Capacity to use sound business judgment and be supportive of the company's mission and
• Excellent communication skills to present information to appropriate levels of individuals at
all levels of the organization.
• Capacity to develop partnerships, teamwork and good working relationships. Geared toward
maintaining an open management style.
• Exhibits analytical skills and an understanding of operational processes and technology
• Maintains strong writing skills required to write and edit policies and procedures, issue
memorandums and compile program reports.
• Demonstrates self-motivation, practical learning skills, enthusiasm and an ability to
complete multiple tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
• Goal-oriented and flexible. Able to respond immediately to the organization and its
• Strong orientation to deadline, accuracy and detail.
• Able to manage and prioritize a diverse and demanding workload.
• Strong leadership and influencing skills.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining professional rapport with management, staff, and
senior leadership. Ability to establish trust and lead.
• Knowledge of leadership theory and management techniques.
• Strong knowledge of the budgeting process and objectives.
• Knowledge of fiscal management and human resource management techniques.
• Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to
achieve organizational objectives.
• Skill in organizing work, making assignments and achieving goals and objectives within
agreed upon deadlines.
• Ability to assume responsibility and exercise authority when assigned work functions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients.
• Ability to analyze and organize information and take part in problem-solving process. Strong
critical thinking skills.
• Ability to carry out short and long-range strategic planning efforts.
• Skill in gathering, analyzing and evaluating data
• Ability to exercise initiative, problem solving, decision-making, to identify problems and
• Ability to establish priorities, standard operating procedures and coordinate work activities