Working Hours: Seasonal March through October; full-time
Compensation: $16 to 22.50/hour based on experience
Reporting: General Manager
Apple Island Resort, located in South Hero Vermont, seeks a Marina Manager to join their team. This position is responsible for the daily operations of the marina. The manager must cultivate an environment that provides exceptional customer service and maximizes revenue by encouraging effective and efficient teamwork.
· Provide excellent customer service to customers, addressing all needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
· Ensure that all staff, customers, renters, and visitors follow marina policies and procedures.
· Managing sales and rentals of 98 slips and 4 pontoon boats.
· Oversee upkeep and maintenance of boats, including but not limited to arranging engine maintenance and weather protection.
· Maintain an updated inventory of supplies and order as needed.
· Assistance and oversight of boat docking and undocking, ensuring actions are performed safely and efficiently.
· Regular inspection and maintenance of facilities, establishing a high-level of safety, security and cleanliness, in line with organizational standards.
· Daily supervision of a staff of 5-10, including scheduling, training, and oversight.
· Record keeping and reporting of reservations, rentals and relevant updates, presented in regularly scheduled meetings with management team.
· Boating enthusiast with significant, demonstratable experience on the water.
· Prior managerial experience in a marina environment preferred.
· Valid Driver’s License.
· Ability to swim and safely perform the physical duties required of this position.
Apple Island Resort is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Apple Island Resort and The Source and Recruit Companies do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.