Reports To: General Manager
Compensation: $53,000 to $60,000 annually based on experience
About Apple Island Resort:
Apple Island Resort is a luxury RV resort on Lake Champlain in South Hero, Vermont.
The Assistant General Manager supports the General Manager with all aspects of resort operations including, but not limited to, guest service, custodial, property maintenance, asset protection, technology, accounting, and human resources.
The AGM directly manages the Front Office function and is responsible for recruiting, training, scheduling, and supporting front office associates. Essential tasks include daily monitoring of revenues and receipts, review of reservations, and reconciling cash drops.
The AGM is also responsible for all aspects of guest satisfaction including championing overall Guest Service, achieving consistently high Guest Service scores that meet or exceed Guests' expectations. Front office service scores are a direct performance metric.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Self-starting personality with an even disposition
· Strong leadership and team building skills
· Willing to “pitch-in” and help associates when needed
· Knowledge of hospitality operations is a must
· Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines
· Flexible schedule and attendance are crucial
· This position may require physical mobility including, but not limited to, bending, carrying, climbing stairs, reaching, or squatting
· Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
· Hospitality Management: 2 years (Required)
· Hospitality: 3 years (Preferred)
· Dental insurance
· Free Golf
· Employee discount
· Use of Boats on Lake Champlain
· Health insurance
· Paid time off
· Vision insurance
Both Apple Island Resort and The Source and Recruit Company are equal opportunity employers and highly value diversity. Apple Island and The Source and Recruit Company do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.