One of our clients seeks an experienced nonprofit professional to serve as their organization’s Director of Development. As a strategic member of the senior team, the Director of Development, will lead and manage the company's fundraising activities in close partnership with the CEO, members of the executive team, the board of directors as well as external service providers. The Director of Development will have the opportunity to play a key role in strengthening the organization by building, expanding, and professionalizing its individual giving and major donor program. The incoming Director of Development will be supporting the growth of the organization by identifying and developing relationships with institutional funders, maximizing its direct response and peer-to-peer giving campaigns, as well as creating the necessary fundraising infrastructure.
- Lead and manage the company's annual campaign.
- Oversee all fundraising-related events and activities.
- Manage and grow the organization’s major gifts program, including donor cultivation events, donor stewardship, participating in and leading the solicitation process.
- Identify and research new funding opportunities and lead cultivation strategies for individual prospects, and institutional and corporate donors to create a new pipeline of donors.
- Lead and coordinate funding proposals as well as the timely and accurate delivery of reports to funders.
- Manage and further develop the organization’s Case for Support.
- Expand fundraising infrastructure, systems, policies, and processes.
- Oversee management of gift entry and donor information organization’s database; set reporting metrics and requirements.
- Design engaging and compelling donor communication strategies, and coordinate with communications staff and external communications firm.
- Manage and further leverage successful grassroots campaign efforts and lead direct response strategies and other fundraising methods.
- Launch a development committee in partnership with members of the board and the lay leadership. The goals will be to set a vision for the committee, define roles, and serve as the lead professional on the committee.
- Perform other tasks as needed to support overall organization effectiveness.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience as a fundraising/development professional for a nonprofit organization.
- Comfortable maintaining and developing relationships with major donors and foundations.
- Experience preparing, writing, and closing public and private foundation grants.
- Advanced Fundraising CRM experience (Salesforce experience a plus).
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills.
- A self-starter who is willing to take the initiative and innovate, and able to set goals.
- Familiarity with Jewish philanthropy and the Jewish community.
- Understanding of the unique needs of the Orthodox community a plus.
- Experience in working with boards of directors and volunteer leadership.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills and ability to create team-centered fundraising solutions.
- Engaging personality with a great sense of humor and sensitivity.
- Passionate and excited to join an exceptional team committed to saving lives and making a difference.
- Advanced technology skills (MS Office, social media, Constant Contact).
- Willingness to travel.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.